Wednesday, September 9, 2015

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE

susie dureau


A few months ago, I found myself on a ship somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. 

There was water all around as far as I could see. Upwards was sky…. limitless space… cloud-filled by day and starry by night. The rare Venus and Jupiter conjunction was playing out in the celestial drama. I tracked the stars every night with an app on my phone - marveling about how we circle around each other.

One cold, squally night I was on the top deck looking over at rails at the dark wake. Only one other person was on deck with me – a stranger. It was eerie and quiet and I felt vulnerable - and yet - far away from any land I have known, I felt a euphoric sense of belonging.

This body of work is about that moment of connection to being where you are. 
Wherever you are.

'THIS MUST BE THE PLACE' IS ON SEPTEMBER 20TH BETWEEN 4-6PM. 
583 ELIZABETH ST PROJECTS. UPSTAIRS LOFT. 
Tel: 0400 099 620 
Email: damienminton1@gmail.com

Come along to the show - we will have a prosecco together and stand in the streaming afternoon sunlight while listening to the soulful tunes of Dave Calandra... oh and there will be some paintings. We will be there.


The paintings will all be up on my website by September 10, 2015 

Painting

Paintings: TOP: Saltwater Spirit, 30cm diameter, Oil on board, 2015 BOTTOM L-R: Voltage, 30cm diameter, Oil on board, 2015, Stay Gold, 30cm diameter, Oil on board, 2015, A Separate Peace, 30cm diameter, Oil on board, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment